Bahamas

Bahamas

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Lochlan's Achievement Award

Yesterday there was an achievement assembly at the boys school. I received an email a couple of weeks ago to inform me that Lochlan had won an award and would be receiving a certificate at this assembly. Adam managed to take two days off on Thursday (for Noah's birthday) and yesterday (for the assembly). I think this is the second assembly since the beginning of term, but because the hall is so small, only the parents of children who have won awards get invited to go.

Lockie didn't know we would be there, and all three boys smiled and waved at us when they saw us at the back of the hall, waiting for them. The head teacher gave out lots of awards, and Lockie received his for "Outstanding Behaviour". Luckily I had checked with the head teacher before the assembly started, and she said I was free to tae as many pictures as I wanted, so that was good. But because of the UK's over the top rules about photos, I have blanked out the kids faces so I can put them on my blog. 

After all the awards were handed out, they did the team points for all four houses at the school (a reward system for my overseas friends - kids are assigned to one of four houses when starting school, and then they collect house points for good work, good deeds etc, those with the most points, win!) and we sang a hymn and said the school prayer (it is a Church of England school). It was nice to see that despite being small, the school still do something similar to the Jaguar Showcase in Bolivia, just on a bit of a smaller scale. 

Here is my well behaved boy. We are proud of you Lockie! x